Korean Grammar: Let's ___ Together

Okay, so it's about my second week in Korean class and I'm trying to maintain this blog by posting all of the things that I've learned. I'm not sure if I have it all right, but let's see if we can learn together!

Today, I learned how to make a suggestion about doing something together. Basically, you replace the 다 in the dictionary form of a verb with 자 and you'll turn this phrase into a suggestion!

Let's take a look at some common verbs in order to see how this works:

오다: to come - 오자
마시다: to drink - 마시자
먹다: to eat 먹자
주다: to give 주자
가다: to go 가자
듣다: to hear 듣자
배우다: to learn 배우자
만들다: to make 만들자
앉다: to sit 앉자
자다: to sleep 자자 (Is this right?)
씻다: to wash 씻자
쓰다: to write 쓰자
울다: to cry 울자 (Maybe if we see the same sad movie?)
갖다: to have 갖자
웃다: to laugh 웃다
보다: to see 보자
일어나다: to get up 일어나자
걷다: to walk 걷자
춤추다: to dance 춤추자
만나다: to meet 만나자

Seems simple enough to me! I wonder if I made any mistakes here. If you see any mistakes here, I would love to see your comments below and let me know about it. Thanks in advance!
Share on Google Plus

About Peter

Peter Kim is a writer for Koreners Magazine.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment